Monday, February 4, 2013

Lifestyle Sessions

Although not advertised as much... "Lifestyle" sessions are always available to book. I see more and more of this type of photography and as a photographer, it's so exciting to me! I think these type of sessions truly show what *I* think the basis of photography is... capturing LIFE. Life that is... a messy house, sticky fingers, and muddy shoes. A sleepy smile, a hot pot of coffee brewing, and nap times. Lifestyle shoots are centered around *your* everyday life. This option of capturing your life... in your house... with your family.. may have you running the other way.. BUT I strongly encourage you to consider it. The point of these sessions isn't to capture perfection..  a perfectly clean house (& children) and you lounging around in a dress and heels... it's actually the opposite!.. it's to capture the perfect IMPERFECTIONS. it's messes, and tantrums, and jammies! it's to capture moments that you won't have forever. It's capturing you, and your family, and little moments, that without being documented, will one day be forgotten. If you would like to talk about setting up something like this.. don't ever hesitate to shoot me an email. (darbeymadden@ksu.edu) Looking back at my own "lifestyle" folders of life with MY family... I can promise you... you'll never regret having those pictures.


1 comment:

  1. Darb,

    I'm over here from your mom's blog. I just wanted to let you know that I think you're really talented....love your photos! And of course, you have a lovely beautiful subject in Miss Lily-Jo!

    Keep shooting! :)

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete