Wednesday, January 9, 2013

i love auntie | Personal {Lily-Jo Juliette}

Oh good grief how I love this little nugget. (Yes, the same nugget as in the post prior) I adore all 11 months of her. ELEVEN. Do you know what that means?! Little sugar is almost one. year. old. Be still my heart. I try not to think that one day those eye boogers and baby teeth will no longer be. And the morning grins & giggles and sleepy night time snuggles will one day be nothing but a sweet memory. But with these sad realities comes an irreplaceable blessing. I have been so blessed to have been given the talent and zeal for photography. It is with one piece of equipment that I'm able to capture and save years of smiles, tears, poopy diapers, snotty noses (& the unfortunate bloody nose), building up block towers, and tearing them down, falling off bikes, and climbing the monkey bars for the first time, tying shoes, starring in plays, first lost tooth and first hair cut. As bittersweet as it is watching her grow, it is equally as much a blessing to be able to have these small every day happenings captured through photography. Something as small as eating her green beans and playing with toys will mean the most 20 years from now. Because all too soon, I know I'll be photographing dance recitals, a 16th birthday, High School proms, and graduations. Yes, this little baby will be a little bit bigger by then... but no doubt, there will be the same proud auntie clicking from the other side of the camera.

I love you forever, Little Bug.
xoxo, Auntie


No comments:

Post a Comment